This world can feel dark many days and in troubling times, darkness can hover closely. Yet God is still there and He reminds us that He’s greater than anything we face in this life. His power is the One who can set us free from the pit we sometimes sink down into.
Most times when one is depressed, there is no motivation to do anything, not even the things we usually love to do.
You often feel worthless and a burden to others. You stay in door and all you can think of is to sleep. You tend to care little about anyone or anything. You often feel like being stuck in a deep, dark hole with no way out. You feel like you are losing your mind, losing who you are and you sometimes have suicidal thoughts.
There could be physical factors, thus; depression often runs in families, suggesting that genetics can play a role perhaps affecting chemical activity in the brain. Other risk factors include cardiovascular disease and changing hormone levels, as well as ongoing substance abuse, which may intensify depression and anxiety.
5 STEPS TO OVERCOMING ANXIETY AND DEPRESSION .
If you suffer from depression, take a reasonable measures to care for your physical and mental health. Create a First Aid Kit for your emotions.
- A list of comforting and up building sayings from the Bible, such us Psalm 34:18,57:17;94:19. Philippians 4:6,7.
- Pray for God’s power to break through the darkness and cover you, lift you up, out of the place you may find yourself in today.
- Believe that nothing is impossible with Him, ask Him for His healing and grace to touch the deepest parts of your life.
- Matthew 19:26, 2 Timothy 1:7, 1 John 4:4.
- Read more of inspirational sayings and encouraging articles.
- You can as well listen to your favorite songs that are positive and up building.
- Confide in someone you trust, could be a family member, a friend or a mental health professional.
• Eat well, Exercise more, Stay active and Get sufficient sleep.
PS: Before you think of doing something out of the box, Eg; *suicidal thoughts *, think of the people who love you.
Know how much they care about you and always have it in mind that, they need you more than you think.